MOHA Membership Tours
MOHA members have taken some exciting tours to explore history and historic sites outside of our state. Past trips have included the Hudson River Valley in New York, Charleston, South Carolina, and Washington, D.C. Join us for our upcoming day-trip to Historic Halifax or for our 2018 Benefactor Trip to France!
The Friends Board of Historic Halifax invites members of the North Carolina Museum of History Associates to the events celebrating the Halifax Resolves in Historic Halifax NC. During the three-day event, April 12-14, there will be re-enactments, authentic costuming and artillery, period arts and crafts, and tours of the multiple sites in Halifax including the Eagle Tavern, the Tap Room, the Burgess Law office, Masonic Lodge, the 1808 tripartite residence, the Clerk’s Office and the Jail.
A special invitation on Saturday includes a cocktail event at the William Richardson Davie House from 3:00–4:00 pm. Davie was a soldier, a statesman, the tenth governor of NC, and one of the founders of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The Halifax Resolves is a bold resolution unanimously adopted on April 12, 1776 by the Fourth Provincial Congress in the Province of North Carolina. It was the first step toward independence for the United States.
We invite you to join us in Halifax on Saturday, April 14. Our schedule includes:
- 10:00 am: Meet at the Historic Halifax Center for a short film and exhibits followed by a parade (address: 25 St. David St.)
- 11:30am–12:30pm: Lunch at The Hen and Hog (ticket price includes a soup or side salad and the choice of one of three sandwiches or wraps plus a non-alcoholic beverage; beer or wine can be purchased separately)
- 12:30–3:00pm: Visiting historic sites and activities
- 3:00–4:00pm: Cocktail event at the William Richardson Davie House (address: 16-24 Norman St.)
Tickets are just $20/per person. Sign up today!
BENEFACTOR TRIP TO FRANCE
MOHA Benefactor Tour 2018: France
We are thrilled to announce our next trip for Benefactor + Gold Quill Society Members will be to France in 2018! We’ll be traveling to Compiègne (Raleigh’s sister city), Reims, Paris and Normandy from October 31–November 11, 2018. Here are some highlights of the this once-in-a-lifetime trip:
- We’ll begin our trip at the magical Domaine Les Crayeres in the heart of Reims
- The luxury hotel will be our home for three days while we explore the region and visit Compiègne where we’ll visit the Clairiere de l’Armistice, where the Armistice was signed to end WWI
- Paris is next where we’ll jump a board the brand new luxury ship from Uniworld, the S.S. Joie de Vivre
- We’ll cruise from Paris through Normandy’s countryside, uncovering its many charms: Richard the Lionheart’s Chateau Gaillard, the medieval capital of Rouen, Monet’s beloved home in Giverny, and the famed beaches of Normandy
- You’ll have the opportunity to visit Versailles or Chateau de Malmaison
- We’ll spend the last night aboard the ship in the City of Lights, a spectacular ending to a thrilling adventure!